7.10.2007

Fourth of July

The fourth of July this year was pretty relaxing! My twin sister gave birth to her daughter, Lauryn Ruth, on Sunday, July 1st, so I could not wait to get to Charlotte, even if only for a few hours. So, on the 4th, Ken and I drove seperate cars to Greensboro, so that I could enjoy the festivites and keep moving to the Queen City.

For the 4th, my SIL made some fabulous food like always and my MIL was king of the sweets as usual. My FIL was the grill master, so Ken, Kayden and I got the chance to just chill out for the day with no real responsibilties, how odd is that! Kayden had a great time hanging out with her grandparents and she looked really cute in her overpriced :( outfit from Gymboree...I had to splurge; it was just too cute!

After the cookout, Kayden and I headed to Charlotte and we did not arrive until 10PM. I did not Kayden bathed and down until 11AM, so she was a cranky mama on Thursday morning. Unfortunatley, we left my twin sister's at 6PM on Thursday heading home, so we only spent less than 24 hours with her...that sucks. But, the time was well spent and Lauryn is SOO cute and such a sweet baby. SHe felt so light compared to Kayden;s 16 pounds. You all be blessed and I hope that you all had a good holiday as well.

NikNak

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome you and your twin have little girls so close in age. Kayden is getting cuter and cuter!
www.chroniclesofmommyhood.typepad.com

Jessica said...

Congrats on the arrival of your niece! How fun! :) That outfit is absolutely ADORABLE! And Kayden looks adorable in it!! I just love Gymboree...wish it didn't cost so much though!

Gwen said...

Oh..thanks for the picture! Kayden is adorable! You are right the outfit was a must! Congrats on your niece!

DeAnna said...

How fun that your little girl and her little girl will grow up having a cousin the same age. And the overpriced outfit looks like it was worth every penny, she is too cute!!

AFC said...

Hey girlie, just checking in on ya to see how your world is!! Kayden is too adorable, she looks like a really happy baby. What a joy!