9.22.2007

I've Been Tagged

By my college buddy Mel over at Nutsy Coco Creations...you guys should check out her Etsy store....FABULOUS photos and jewelry.

I have been given the task of writing seven random things about myself, so here goes!

1. I love numbers!!! I had a 790 on my math SAT's and I am sure that this was part of the reason why. Whenever I see a series of numbers, I try to figure out how they relate to one another. For this reason, I am a GREAT % off sell shopper, as I can compute things quickly in my head. It is so bad, that my husband will call me on my cell in the same store so that I can tell him what he can expect to spin.

2. I am also a list maker...I love the list of accomplishments that I can view and say...I got it done. That is all so important now that we have Kayden and I feel like I am always hopelessly behind.

3. I love small quaint spaces. You would never guess that since my home is 3,100 sf...I know, ridiculous. I want a smaller home and yes, my friends and family think that I am crazy! Small spaces allow you to think outside the box and come up with creative storage and space planning ideas. If I was single, I would have a small studio apartment even if I could afford more.

4. I cannot read a sewing pattern, but I can make panel curtains. This is always a shock to folks since i made 80% of the window treatments in our home...mostly panels and simple valances. Because of architecture school, I can sew a straight line and complete accurate measurements, but that is about all. I want to learn how to sew and to smock so that I can make cute clothes for Kayden like my friend DeAnna. Such cute stuff and stuff that would have been so expensive that I would have had to mortgage my home to purchase :)

5. I would prefer to give a handmade gift than anything else. I consider myself to be a really crafty person so I joy in giving folks gifts that come from th heart and not from the store. The problem is that i do not do it often enough for fear that people will think that I am cheap! At Christmas time, it is easy to do, because people expect handmade gifts, but throughout the rest of the year, I shy away from doing that.

6. I am a $30 person when it comes to buying clothes for myself. I will not pay more than $30/piece including most dresses. Clothes wear out so quick and I do not see the point in paying more than that...and Enfamil formula can also do a number on your clothes. So, that is why I shop at Target and only at Ann Taylor and the Loft when they have major sales. Call me cheap, but I would prefer to spend those other dollars on vacation.

Okay Mel, you got your post...I will do better...I promise.

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

Wow -- I was so caught up in the 3100 sf that I almost missed my name being mentioned. :) Any day you want to trade houses to live in a smaller house, I'll trade you my 1700 sf house for yours. Well, as long as you have a room that can be a play room and a sewing room -- that's all the extra I really need. :) I am the same way with % off sales -- might not be a math whiz though, just can figure up those sales pretty quick. I'm such a huge deal shopper! Thanks for the compliment, I haven't learned to smock yet either. I have a lady that says she will teach me, but I just haven't gotten over there yet. My girls are going to be too old by the time I learn it. :)

Healthier Me said...

I know that you and I are twins but we are too much alike. I am always trying to find patterns with numbers. :) I guess that is why I was a Math major. I agree with Mel, you need to blog more and put that cute picture of my niece on the plane on your blog. She is just too adorable!!!!