5.08.2008

The Magical Patent Leather Shoes

Over a year ago, on the weekend that Kayden's birthmother revoked, we spent some time returning some items to the store that we purchased for her while in Las Vegas, as we anticipated her arrival. The funny thing, now that I look back, is that we only returned two items and decided to keep the rest. Well, like most women, I also did some additional shopping. Although she may have not been ours, I just knew that God was going to bless us with a daughter in his own time. So, I go into Rack Room and they have these cute little black patent leather shoes on sale for $10 in a size 5. I had no idea at what age she would wear a size 5, but they were too cute and too cheap to leave in the store.

Fast forward to Sabbath, May 4th. Kayden is dressed in a cute "preppy" little girlie outfit complete with pink grosgrain bows and ric rac to match. I put on her white mary jane's and frilly white socks to match. As I was pulling her hair bow out of the closet, I noticed the box...yes, the box of black patent leather shoes. She was already dressed and ready to go, so the perfect opportunity to try them on, since she is now in a size...yes you guessed it...5. They were so cute on her feet and I mentally prepared to pick out something to go with them for next week's service. I pull them off and put the white shoes back on. I step away for a second and when I returned, the white shoes were on the floor and she was frantically trying to get the black ones back on. I could see that this was going to be a no winning battle for me, so why even fight.

So, instead of the cute green dress, she ended up wearing a cream and peach number given to us as a gift. I have to admit, I was never VERY fond of the number, but she looked like such a big girl in it...you be the judge.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Very adorable is what I say :)

Anonymous said...

AWWW! She is such a cutie! The dress is very pretty.

CandCFamily said...

Simply Adorable! You are in trouble if she already has a mind of what she wants to wear at one.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.