7.07.2008

Sew Inspired Part 2

My niece, Lauryn Ruth, turned one on July 1...Happy Birthday Warm Pillow. Due to family travels, her party is not until the 19th of July. So, me being the impatient one, I could not wait until then to give Lauryn her gift. We saw my twin sister and family this weekend at my dad's family reunion, so I gave it to her then. Sakira had been on Ebay like a mad woman, trying to order a pillowcase dress for Lauryn to wear at her party...I fixed that problem, and made her one instead. I purchased some fabric to use about four weeks ago from a local store, but decided that it was too heavy. I ended up using a lightweight cotton that I purchased at Jo-Ann's when Mary and Mel were in town (another post to come). I am so happy with how it turned out! I tried some new things, like a contrast seem at the armholes...TOO cute!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

6 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

That turned out super cute!

Anonymous said...

I just found your site. I LOVE your dresses and so wish I had the patience and talent to sew.Your daughter is beautiful. Anyway, looking forward to reading your blog.

Alycia
www.thepoweroftwo.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

You have such a great eye for color and patterns! I love how it turned out!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nakira,
It's Rachel. I just found your blog through Trianglemommies. Are you active in the organization? The dress you made Lauryn is beautiful. You blow me away with creativity and energy!
Love,
Rachel

CandCFamily said...

Another cute dress! So adorable, makes me want a girl!

Ashley 'Moore' Nacke said...

Hey! It's Ashley Moore (sweebies). We finally got out our wedding invites, we were in such a frenzy! You really saved the day. I don't think I can thank you enough. The invites were more beautiful than I could have hoped for! You are very talented!!!! I loved looking through your blog and getting to know you a little better!!

Ashley :)