4.22.2008

No More Paper Towels, Please

Tuesday Earth Day Effort.
Have you ever taken note of the number of paper towels that you use in a day? I have, and it is pretty ridiculous. We go through at lease three roles a week and that is a lot of paper that is not being recycled.

I begin researching papertowel like options for my family about two weeks ago when I noticed another empty brown tube on the holder in the kitchen. I am not opposed to using cloth towels for drying of hands and picking up spills, but I want to be able to handle possible bacteria issues from a damp towel sitting in my kitchen. I have found a number of towels made from antibacterial materials, so my plan is to finish up with this last package of paper towels and then pick up some cloth towels to use.

I still cannot bring myself to place a cloth towel in the guest bath, becasue that one would stay damp in a dark place, and that really frightens me (room has no windows). Unfortunately, paper towels will continue to be used in the house but on a much smaller scale. Right now, the master bath is the only place that we use a cloth towel to dry our hands :) So, until the paper towel package is done, I am placing a brown paper bag in the kitchen for used paper towels to go in and then head out to the recycling bin. I figure...every little bit helps!

In His love...Nakira

No comments: